- If your car is compatible with CarPlay, you can activate and operate Siri by long-pressing the voice control button.
- In that case, you can operate without tapping the monitor screen, so you can use iPhone apps more safely while driving.
- To start using CarPlay, you need to connect your iPhone and car.
There are two ways to do this: connecting a cable to the USB port and pairing via Bluetooth.
- To connect by wire, simply connect to a USB port that supports CarPlay with the iPhone’s Lightning-USB cable, but if you want to connect wirelessly, you need to do it from the settings app to pair with Bluetooth.
- Go to the “Settings app.”
- Tap “General.”
- Touch “CarPlay.
- From here, touch Available cars” then select your car.
- Launch the Files app.
- Touch the Browse tab at the bottom of the Files app.
- Touch the More button (three-dot icon) at the top of the display.
- Touch Scan Documents.
- Place your document in the viewer and touch the Capture button.
- You can decide to drag the corners to modify it, touch to Retake or touch to Keep Scan.
- If there’s another page you want to scan, you can just capture it on the next screen.
- When you’re done scanning, tap “Save.”
- Select a location for your scan and touch “Save.”
- You can also scan a document within a location like iCloud Drive or On My iPhone in the Files app.
- Tap the More button (three-dot icon) at the upper left and then follow the same steps above.
- Open the stock Photos app.
- Choose a video from your Photo collection using the Photos tab.
- Once you’ve chosen a video, tap Edit in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap the filter icon (appears like a Venn drawing) at the lower part of the screen.
- Swipe through the nine accessible filters to get a preview of every one applied to your video.
- Rest your finger, and a horizontal dial will appear underneath the chosen filter. Use your finger to move the dial and alter the intensity level of the filter.
- Tap “Done” at the bottom right of the display to apply the filter effect to your video.
Note: You can apply these filters at whatever point you capture videos via the Camera app.
- Open the stock Photos app.
- Open the Photos app
- Choose a Portrait photo in your Photo. library. If it isn’t a recent image, use the Days, Months, and Years views to sculpt out your collection.
- Confirm if the photo was shot in Portrait mode by checking for the Portrait label in the upper-left corner of the display, then touchEdit in the top-right corner to enter the editing window.
- Choose the Portrait icon from the bottom row of tools. Also, choose a lighting mode by swiping your finger along the icons under the image.
- After selecting a lighting mode e.g High-Key Light Mono effect (in the image below), a slider pops up below it. Slide your fingertip along to dial down or increase the strength of the lighting effect.
- From here, touch “Done.”
- Launch the Safari app on your iPhone and visit any web page of your choice and let the page get loaded completely, else, it will not be able to save full page as PDF later on.
- Now press and hold the Home button and Side button at once to capture a screenshot on your iPhone in Safari.
- The preview of the screenshot will pop up at lower left corner, click on the screenshot and then touchthe Full Page option from the right upper corner.
- Touch “Done” and then chooseSave PDFto Files.”
- From here, choose any folders from ‘‘On My iPhone’’ or ‘‘iCloud Drive’’ option. If the desired folder isn’t available, create one and touch “Save.” This automatically savesas PDF.
- If you want to share the PDF via Email or iMessage, after the third step, tap on the share button option available on the top right corner.
- Once done, select iMessage/Mail or any other platform, enter the recipient, and tap on “Send.” That’s it!
Content blockers offer a one-trick solution for prohibiting ads like popups and banners from stacking on websites you visit. They can likewise shield you from online tracking by deactivating cookies and scripts that sites try to load.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Under General, touch Content Blockers.
- To activate content blockers, flip the switches to the ON position.
Note: Content Blockers option doesn’t appear in Safari’s settings until you’ve installed a third-party content blocker from the App Store.
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to the site in question.
- From here, touch the “aA” icon in the top left corner to disclose the Website View menu.
- Tap Turn Off Content Blockers.
- If you only need to disable content blockers for a particular website, tap Website Settings in the Website View menu, and afterward flip the switch next to Use Content Blockers to the OFF position.
- While trying to download a file on Safari, a tiny download symbol will pop upfrom the top right corner of the display.
- Touch the icon to confirm downloads progress. Click the magnifying glass next to the file to open the folder location.
- By default, contents downloaded in Safari are saved in the “Downloads” unit of your iPhone Files app. However, you can customize the storage location: go to the Settings app, select the Safari section, and tap Downloads. From this screen, you can select to store downloaded files in iCloud Drive, on your iPhone, or in another location based on your personal preference.
- The Downloads screen in Safari settings has an option to “Remove download list items automatically after one day” (the default), “Upon successful download,” or “Manually.”
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Safari
- Select Downloads. You would then be able to choose one of the recommended places or tap “Other” to pick another registry. Third-party apps might have the option to support this, so if your favored location is turned gray out, you may need to hang tight for a future app update.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Locate the section tagged “Tabs” and select “Close Tabs.”
- The default will be manual. Select the timeframe you want your tabs to close automatically.
Manually: Safari won’t automatically close tabs.
After One Day: Every open tabs will be wiped off after 24 hours.
After One Week: All open tabs will be cleared in seven days’ time.
After One Month: All open tabs will be cleared following a month.
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap Privacy.
- Locate the Advertising option from the base of the page, and look for the Limit Ad Tracking option.
- Flip the Limit Ad Tracking option to on or off base on preference.
- It ought to be noticed that you can generally re-enable ad tracking by following the means above, yet flipping the relevant options on by tapping them to turn them green (on account of location-based tracking) and dark (for Limit Ad Tracking).